Friday, January 15, 2010

Introduction


Hey all,

My name is Aditya Uppukonduru. I was born and brought up in Visakhapatnam. It is a city in the southern part of India. The city is also known as the”The city of destiny” in India, not because of religious reasons but because of the immense recourses available in the city like a natural harbor, a steel plant and many more. My hometown is not only a place of industrial development but also an enjoyable tourist location in India, for its splendid beaches and the hill resort which is approximately 40 miles from the city.


View Larger Map



I like to play tennis for the love of the game and my best pass time with my buddies is to play board games because I am good at them. Personally I like to travel, I lot do not like to stay around at one particular place for a long time. One game I really enjoy following on the television is Cricket. India and Pakistan are the biggest rival teams in my mind. When they are playing against each other it is must watch match.

Since a child I wanted to be big. I always wanted to go abroad, study in a better country and the best schools possible. I am a CSE major. As a child I liked to play with mechanical toys. I used to unscrew them just to know how they work. I always found joy in understanding how they work. Sometimes I was able to screw them back, sometimes not. This is one of the reasons why I wanted to become an engineer. When I grew older, I liked computers, so I picked my major to be computer science engineering.

There was a big change in my life when I came to United States for college. First there was a little “Cultural shock”. Then I missed my home, but you know as times goes by people settle down and get busy with life. The best part of life today is that I can live life independently which is something I could not have done a year ago. Sometimes thinking back I feel proud of myself to be brave enough to do everything I have done with my life.

In high school I did not concentrate much on English, so did not concentrate much on writing courses. I was more involved with science classes, in fact only science classes. Hope, you guys had fun reading my blog.

--Aditya Uppukonduru

3 comments:

Tyler Fricker said...

Aditya,
I think the culture shock of living in a new country would be very difficult to deal with. I think it is cool that you have seen the world from different views and would expect your views to be different than my own. I think you will help bring culture to this class.

kingpaul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dun Hou said...

It seems that we have some similar hobbies man. I'm a big fan of tennis also and like I wrote in my blog, I love travelling, especially going abroad. I studided as an exchange student in a private high school in Minnesota in the US for one year as an exchange student. As International students, I believe we will both have a good time here in OSU.

Post a Comment